One of the prerequisites of a good website is well-thought over content, but creating new posts for your website is not enough to gain attention now that thousands of websites overflow the web. To spice things up a little Bloggers like to bring in fresh ideas by asking guest to post on their blogs.
From the guest bloggers point of view, to attract more viewers to their website and increase traffic, writers do not only rely on keywords, they do guest posting on other blogs. Guest posting is not as easy as you think it to be. There is more to it than what its name suggests.
What is guest posting? It means writing and posting your articles on other people’s website. Let us examine the nitty-gritty of guest posting for beginners.
- First and foremost find your niche. Look for the right site to publish your work. This requires a lot of patience and hard work but is better than your article about beauty rejected by a site that offers services to exterminate termites. There are also websites that do not accept guest posts.
So, what is the best way to research for your niche? Use the right keyword. If you want to guest post for a wellness and beauty site, type in “beauty tips”, “submit a guest post”. You may do the same for other keywords, just do not forget to attach the “submit a guest post” phrase for every keyword you will use.
- After the laborious research process, you can now start planning how you will pitch your article. List all the websites you will be posting to. This will keep you on track
- Check your write ups. Is it of good quality? If you think the article is good enough it is time to write a convincing email pitch. Attach a sample of your article to give them an idea of your writing style. The response to your query may not be instant so you need to wait and be patient.
- When writing your email, keep it brief and to the point. Create a catchy subject line so the receiver would want to open it. If possible, take time to personalize your message so it would not look like a template pitch. Site anything that would make them feel like you took time to read their blogs and that it you are privileged to have your article posted on their site. Do not forget to give your contact details as it may show them how eager you are to do business with them.
- After you’ve got a positive response, you can now get on polishing your work. Make your title as enticing as possible. Do not forget to proofread your article or ask somebody to proofread your article for you.
These are just a few of the guidelines beginner guest bloggers have to take into consideration. Guest posting can be an arduous task. Be patient and persevering. In the end, you will reap the fruit of your hard work: growing readership and getting traffic to your site.